Pamukkale is one of the most beautiful places in Turkey. The substance of the place is neither ice nor salt. Pamukkale means “Cottoncastle”. Pamukkale is formed over thousands years by the rich termal springs. It is formed like cascades, huge stalactites and mineral baths. Pamukkale has many visitors. It has impressive remains of ancient city Hierapolis and of course, it is unique in the world.
- A magical and spectacular natural site, unique in the world, Pamukkale is a fairyland of dazzling white, petrified castles.
- Thermal spring waters laden with calcareous salts running off the plateaus edge have created this fantastic formation of stalactites, cataracts and basins.
- The hot springs have been used since Roman times for their therapeutic powers. Both the thermal center with its motels and thermal pools and the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis are situated on the plateau.
- Another thermal center northwest of Kusadasi, Karahay is known for its waters high-iron content.
- Departure from Kusadasi. After one and half hours we will stop for a short break for tea etc.
- Arrival to Pamukkale approx. 11:30 where we will visit an onyx work shop for shopping as the area surrounding Pamukkale is famous for onyx.
- Lunch will be taken in hotel pam, at approx. 12:30. Lunch is open buffet and drinks are extra.
- Hierapolis is a fairyland of dazzling white, petrified castles, thermal spring waters laden with calcium salts have created this fantastic formation of stalactiles, cataracts and basins. The springs have been used since Roman times, for their therapeutic powers.
- Whilst travelling up to the travertines you will see the largest city of Hierapolis (over 1000 sarcoplagus) with a great view of the ancient Roman theatre. (Visiting the museum is not included).
- You will then have time to discover the beauties of Pamukkale, taking pictures on the calcium cascading terraces and a chance to relax in the hotel pams thermal pools. If you feel a little more energetic, you will have free time to climb and see the ancient theatre or walk along the special section of terraces.
- Anything of special interest-your guide will be there to answer any questions.
- Departure from Pamukkale approx 15:30 with a short break halfway through the journey.
- Arriving back to the hotel approx. 19:00.
- Swimming Pool