Asia Minor was located in a large peninsula between the Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea. It is called as Asia Minor by the Romans. Asia Minor is also the Asian part of Turkey. Anatolia is the Greek name of it.
There are more biblical places in Turkey than the other countries in Middle East. We know Anatolia is in the first place for saint places which referred to the Bible.
The important thing is that the relationship between Anatolia and the Bible started at the beginning of the Old Testament. Nearly 60% of the names of the places in Turkey mentioned in the Bible.
There are Seven Churches of Revelation that mentioned in the Bible. Here they are:
- Smyrna (Izmir): Revelation 2:8-11
- Pergamon: Revelation 2:12-17
- Thyatira: Revelation 2:18-29; Acts16:14
- Sardis: Revelation 3:1-6
- Philadelphia: Revelation 3:7-13
- Laodicea: Revelation 3:14-22; Colossians 2:1,4:13 -16